Last Updated August 6, 2019
The information that we collect:
· If our customers create an account to browse certain restricted areas of the Website or for participating in challenges, competitions, hackathons on the Website, we will ask for certain Personal Information to be provided to us in order to create a unique account and associated login for our customers.
· We require customers’ full name, mobile number, e-mail address, username and password to successfully create an account and provide login credentials. If you choose to provide them, we may also collect information such as your city, country, state, school, organization, subject, major, gender, and/or birth date.
· In the course of your use of the Website and Cartedo’s services, we may collect other information about your activities on the Website, including challenges or competitions you have participated in and content you have submitted as part of those activities, or content you post in public or private portions of the site.
· To facilitate payment of fees for Cartedo’s services from our Website we will additionally require credit card and billing information, including telephone number and billing address with country of residence.
· All enquiry or feedback relating to the Website, the Services, or of general nature may be sent to us using the “Contact Us” link on the Website. We do require the name and e-mail address or mobile number of the submitter in order to respond to the query.
· Every time a customer visits the Website, our web server automatically collects non-personally identifiable information about their computer and/or browser, including the following: browser type, type of device, IP address, location, operating system, internet service provider, the referring URL and information on the pages accessed on the Website (collectively, “Computer Information”).
How We Use Information:
· Personal Information collected by us may be used for our internal purposes to facilitate any of the below:
o to register an account on the Website
o to purchase services from us
o to contact customers in response to services purchased from us
o to provide customers with information on services and/or products they may desire to purchase from us
o to offer technical support, dispute resolution or logistics assistance
o to respond to feedback, enquiries, complaints or suggestions
o to provide details regarding our offers and services that a customer may show interest in
o to improve our content, products, services or Website administration.
· Information from our customer’s computers may be monitored to gather insights on how our Website is rendering across platforms, to improve our Website layout, to offer relevant Services and Products, to customize customer experience, to enable Website security, to validate and allow secure access into restricted areas of the Website, to enable use of shopping carts on the Website.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties:
· If you participate in a challenge, we may share your account information and relevant content with the organization or person who posted the challenge.
· Our Partners include third-party service providers who assist us in operating our business, providing our Services or developing our products, including the Website (“Our Partners”). Our Partners may need to access data, including Personal Information and Computer Information, to facilitate their services. We restrict the customer’s Personal Information that we share with them to the minimum data required by them to execute the applicable services. We mandate our Partners to maintain privacy and security of this data and limit their usage of the data provided to the extent applicable for executing their services.
· No contact information will be provided to third-party marketers without disclosure and customers’ permission.
· Upon receipt of formal legal notice from a Government Authority or Legal enforcement agency, in the due course of an investigation or as applicable by law we may be required to share your information, including Personal Information and Computer Information, with the investigating body.
· Personal Information or Computer Information may also be disclosed if we believe disclosure is necessary to limit our legal liability; to safeguard or preserve our rights or property; or safeguard the welfare, rights, or property of users of the Website or other third parties.
· In the event of a merger, consolidation, or other corporate reorganization in which Cartedo participates or a sale of all or substantially all of Cartedo’s stock and/or assets to which the Website relates, we may transfer your Personal Information to the successor entity or purchaser.
· Websites collect information on their visitors using “cookies”. Cookies are text files assisting websites to identify visitors by allotting a unique identifying code to each device. This is done to optimize content preferences and traffic patterns and offer personalized experience. Cookies are sometimes also utilized to “link” your device to data hosted in an alternate place.
· Customers may use the “Help” tab in the toolbar of their browsers to get further information on how to restrict their browser from receiving cookies, = how to get notification upon receipt of a new cookie, or how to deactivate cookies entirely. Please note that some features of the Website may not work as intended if you disable cookies.
Links to Third-Party Websites:
· Cartedo may provide links to third-party websites. Do note that other websites may have varying Terms of Service, Privacy Policies and Copyright Policies. We advise our customers to read the policies governing third-party websites and note the Personal Information collected by them, before using the website.
Unsubscribing from Communications:
· Periodic emails are sent to our email list informing our customers of new products, services and offers. If a customer does not desire to get promotional emails from us, they may email us at [email protected] with the subject “Unsubscribe” to remove them from our email list.
· Cartedo also sends occasional emails containing important information on customers’ accounts, policies governing the use of the Website or the account, statements or notices relating to our Website and our Services. These emails will continue to be sent even after customer unsubscribes from the email list.
· Customers desirous of not receiving any emails from us may deactivate their account altogether. To deactivate the account they may email us at [email protected] with the subject “Deactivate account”. We will endeavor to deactivate customers account at the earliest possible. Deactivation will result in any and all user content on the Website and the user activity history being deleted permanently within a reasonable time. We encourage customers to back-up all data they wish to keep before deactivating their account.
· Cartedo deploys commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to secure Personal Information from unauthorized access, exposure, modification or damage.
· However, no security is 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee absolute protection of data from unauthorized access, exposure, modification or damage, nor do we guarantee that data will not be compromised on account of accidents, malicious attacks or other circumstances beyond our control.
· Our Services are available only to, and may only be used by, individuals who are 18 years and older and who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law, or individuals who are at least 13 years of age and are using our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms.
· If you are a parent or legal guardian of a User under the age of 18, you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in connection with our Services.
· If you are a parent or guardian and you discover that your child has created an unauthorized account on our Services, please contact us at [email protected] and we will remove the account.
Public Image Galleries:
· Cartedo Website is open to public and can be viewed by anyone on the internet. It is not to be considered Private.
· By default, your Account is private and can only be accessed using your login credentials. Cartedo may provide you options to collaborate with other users on a double-blind basis. No personal information of any user is shared by Cartedo during any collaborative activity.
· By sharing your login credentials or link to your account or any user content on the website with others, you designate the associated content as “shared” or “public” for purposes of these Terms of Service. Once you designate any content as “shared” or “public” you agree that there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality with respect to such content.
· Cartedo may offer challenges, competitions, hackathons, chat forums, blogs, review boards, social messaging tools, feedback section and/or customer profiles for public view on the Website (collectively, “Public Forums”).
· Customers’ disclosure of data on the Public Forums, including Personal Information, is purely voluntary. We advise customers to be vigilant and restrict the data that they share on any Public Form.
· All data on Public Forums can be viewed, accessed and recorded by third parties and may be deployed in any manner by third parties, which is beyond our control.
· Any data on Public Forums may appear in search results of any third-party search engine.
· Any disclosure of Personal Information in a Public Forum should be reported to us through email to [email protected] with the subject “Remove data from Public Forum”. Do note that in certain cases we may not be able to remove the data from public domain or data may already be exploited by third parties before we remove it.
· Cartedo shall not be responsible or liable for disclosure of Personal Information posted by customers on any Public Forum.
Protecting Your Information:
· While Cartedo employs commercially reasonable means to secure customer data and safeguard Website security, we have no control on the breach of security through customers’ devices, internet service providers or any other intermediary. It is the customers’ responsibility to protect their security credentials such as username, password and other Personal Information. We advise our customers to review the security and privacy policies of their internet service provider and the software on their devices, as well as employ sufficient security measures on their devices to safeguard their security credentials.
· Customers are also informed that certain information submitted by them may be recorded on their device browser history even after they conclude their visit to the Website. We strongly recommend customers to log off from a device after end of session especially if others have access to it, such as in the case of public devices or mobile devices. Any loss or misuse of data on account of compromised security on customers’ device is beyond the scope of our control and we shall not be liable or responsible for any damages caused on this account.
· All communications with security credentials such as Username, Password and Payment information should be stored safely or destroyed after memorizing. Any loss or misuse of customers’ account due to compromised security credentials is beyond the scope of our control and we shall not be liable or responsible for any damages caused on this account.
· We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive information (e.g., Social Security numbers, financial account information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal background, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, health data, or sexual orientation) through the Website or otherwise to us.
Information for Users Outside the United States